One acne problem that is more common with men than with females is having pimples on back. It’s not unusual for men to get acne on the shoulders and upper back, especially in their teens. For some, this does not go away that easily, and even worse, the acne covers the entire back.
So how can we combat this? Here is a list of steps to take in order to help healing acne on the back:
- I’ve mentioned this in other blog posts, but I feel that it’s relevant so I’ll mention it again. One step to take in order to get rid of back acne is to use a good soap or shampoo. Look for soap with glycerin/sorbitol in them. These soaps will not only clean the oil off your back, but at the same time not leave your back dry, which other soaps have a tendency to do. Also consider using dandruff shampoo on your back. Many people have said that they have had success with this.
- After showering, don’t rub with the towel. It’s best to take some time to let your back dry by itself, or to gently let the towel rest on your back without any rubbing. This will obviously take a bit longer but it’s worth it.
- Try avoiding sweating and tight clothing as much as you can. Bacteria love moist environments. To accomplish this, use clothing that are light, baggy and soft. Tight clothing will irritate the skin and your pores will clog. When shopping for clothing, look for clothing made out of natural fabrics. Nylon and lycra are known for causing more bacteria and acne.
- Don’t wear backpacks. Instead of carrying a backpack to work, school, or wherever else you go with a backpack, use a briefcase. Backpacks will not only make you sweat more easily, but also rubs and irritates your skin causing more pimples on back.
- Clean and change your blanket and bed sheet often. Your skin has oil on it which transfers to the blanket and bed sheet. Over time your bedding will have more and more oil on it, which in turn will be bad for your skin.
- Exercising is not only good for your body and general health, but also your skin. Sweat cleans the pores. Don’t wear tight clothing when exercising, since this will make your pores clog when you are sweating. It’s best not to wear a shirt at all. After exercising you must immediately jump in to the shower. Don’t sit around with a wet back.
- Like with all acne problems, it’s good to substitute whatever beverage you usually drink for water, to eat less spicy food and less fast food, and to avoid too much sugar.
- This may seem obvious but make sure you use a good back acne cream or spray. You’ve probably noticed that most acne products are not designed for large areas like the back. However, here are some products I highly recommend for when treating back pimples: Glytone Back Acne Spray, Phisoderm Anti-Blemish Body Wash
In this post i listed some steps you can make if you are having trouble with pimples on back. Try implementing these tips if you haven’t already, and let me know how it goes. :)